Tuesday 21 May 2013

Rhubarb Cake


I went to visit my parents and stole some rhubarb from their garden. I stewed a lot of it but also made a mini-cake. Heart-shaped of course. I would probably use 3x the recipe for a normal-sized cake.


You need to have:

50g sugar
100g margarine
150g flour
1/2 cup chopped rhubarb (1cm pieces)
1-2tbsp soy yoghurt
1pkt vanilla sugar


You need to do:


Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a springform pan.
 
Mix sugar, margarine and flour until you get a crumbly dough. Cover the springform pan with 2/3 of it (maybe 1/2cm thick).

Mix rhubarb, yoghurt and vanilla sugar. Place the mixture on the dough and cover with crumbs.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Don't do it like me but be patient and let the cake cool down AT LEAST an hour before taking it out of the springform pan. Mine broke because it was too soft, still. But it tastes good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment