Friday 29 March 2013

Coconut Rice with Spinach


It's not even a real recipe. But COCONUT RICE! Just take this as more of an inspiration. Plus this was the best I could do with my ever diminishing food ressources.


Serves 2-3 hungry people

You need to have:

250ml cup rice
400ml coconut milk (= 1 can)
400-500g spinach (I used a can, it's pretty low)
1/2-1 onion
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tsp vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
oil to fry (though I discovered, I don't even need that with my awesome new no-stick pan)


You need to do:

Pour rice and coconut milk in a pot, fill the coconut milk can 1/2 with water (to kind of clean it) and pour that water into the rice. Add 1 tsp of stock. Cook rice with an open lid until soft, if it starts to get too dry, pour in some more water.

Peel and cut/crush onion and garlic and fry in a pan until cooked. Add the spinach. Cook until everything is soft. Add 1 tsp of stock, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment